Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 75 days ago
The Infrastructure business line of Arcadis is seeking a Highway Structures Inspector for projects in the Southern California area. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of experience working on Caltrans highway projects with bridge structural constructioninspection a plus (but not required).
• Provide inspection and quality assurance on highway and roadway construction projects.
• Determine if completed work follows the plans and specifications.
• Coordinate work with the contractor and various public utilities agencies.
• Maintain the records and reports related to the project.
• Coordinating directly with the general contractor and negotiating change orders.
• Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures.
• Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the project. Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
• Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California.
• Previously worked for or on Caltrans highway construction projects
• 8 or more years of experience on roadway and highway construction inspection as related to major public works projects.
• Experienced in Retaining Walls.
• Knowledge of stress analysis, structural mechanics, and strength of materials.
• Knowledge of the physical characteristics and properties of various roadway and bridge construction materials including concrete and steel.
• Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
• Ability to direct the efforts of subordinate inspectors.
• Caltrans District 59 experience
• Bridge structural construction inspection
• SBCTA or Caltrans D8 experience
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today.