Summary: Responsible for soliciting, processing and submitting governmental bids and commercial quotations within an assigned territory for the Highway De-icing Department.
Essential Job Functions: Include but are not limited to the following:
(Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
- Collect and analyze bid requests from government agencies, determine profitability for each proposal, develop pricing strategies and present recommendations to management.
- Analyze market data and trends to identify growth and price improvement opportunities.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Quote pricing and credit terms for commercial customers.
- Negotiate, administer, extend, and terminate contracts as needed.
- Collaborate with customer service to prepare and submit bid proposals and review/record results
- Coordinate with logistics to ensure timely and accurate delivery to customers.
- Develop and maintain two-way communication to ensure good working relationships with customers
- Process customer orders, investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Ensure accuracy of bid and customer information in bid database.
- Follow-up with prospective customer leads obtained from trade shows, referrals, call-ins and other sources to grow de-icing sales in assigned territory.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects as assigned.
- Adhere to and support Compass Minerals Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Value Creation, Collaboration and High Performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and at least five years related experience and/or training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office and be highly proficient in EXCEL.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.