- The primary focus of this position is to serve as the Design/Project Engineer on the engineering development and design of urban and rural highway/roadway within the Transportation Division.
- There will be frequent backlog/project collaboration with the Transportation Team at our Fairfax, VA office location.
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Highway design and computations.
- Provide Quality control and oversee the preparation of detailed engineering designs of roadway, highway and interchange projects. Including plans, specifications and estimates.
- Design experience with urban and rural highway interchanges, intersection design, traffic management, transportation planning, site planning, preparation of concept alignments, geometrical layout, and ADA compliance projects.
- Assist with developing and mentoring the highway engineering skillsets of junior and entry-level design engineers.
- This position requires frequent client interaction and report preparation.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- BSCE (required) – MSCE a plus
- Active PE registration is required.
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience in a combination of highway design and project management responsibilities.
- Preliminary and Final design experience with VDOT projects, specifications and guidelines required.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using AutoCAD, MicroStation and roadway design software (Open Roads) required.
- Working knowledge and working experience of all programs supported by MS Office required, including MS Project.
- Demonstrated experience with AASHTO Policy’s and Guidelines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required