We are currently seeking a Highway Engineer to join the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in our Fairfax, VA office.
The Highway Engineer will demonstrate strong project management skills and excellent technical knowledge of roadway design fundamentals. This position will function as a Roadway Design Project Manager and Task Leader on complex design-bid-build and design-build projects. The individual will work on multi-disciplined projects of varying scope and complexity with the responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to roadway design and project/plan development. The position will require leadership skills, mentoring of staff and interaction with industry and clients. Good communication skill, both written and oral will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- PE License Required
- 6+ years’ experience performing highway design and plans production
- Project Management or PMP Certification preferred
- VDOT, MDSHA/MDTA or WVDOT experiencepreferred
- Excellent working knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak