High Voltage Substation Field Engineer
$90K - $120K ($90K - $120K base, Yes)
Posted on 06/07/18 by SAM Pratap
Virtual / Travel
8 - 10 years experience
Energy & Utilities
$90K - $120K
($90K - $120K base, Yes)
Posted on 06/07/18 SAM Pratap
The Substation Field Engineer can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. as the position could require up to 75%-100% travel dependent on location.
Position Criteria :
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer entrance and qualification requirements
- Must be willing to travel 75?100% of the time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Valid and unrestricted driver?s license issued by state of residence and in good standing is required.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- high voltage substations
- protective relay testing experience
- Transmission & Distribution (T&D)
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution OR a Professional Certified Engineer (PE) license with a Bachelor?s degree in (science field OR engineering) from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3years of substation and/or relay testing experience
- Minimum 3-5years of engineering experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- position is open geography. Candidates must reside in the continental U.S. to be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 7+ years of experience evaluating and servicing electricaldistribution or control systems is desirable.
- Protection and control experience with transmission and distribution equipment
- 5+ years working with High voltage substations
- Bachelor's or Master?s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- PE License
- IEEE Member
- Experience in the design, maintenance or testing of substation equipment.
- Experience with application and communication of microprocessor based protection and control equipment
- Experience with SEL products and software, Enoserve RTS and Doble testing