Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification. What Your Job Will Be Like
The Program Security Office (Org 5114) is seeking a High-Risk Embedded Security Professional to support and manage special access program security operations. The selected individual will work closely with other security team members; cyber security staff; Field Intelligence Element staff; physical security subject matter experts; program management and technical staff, and government sponsors to provide guidance and oversight on special access program security matters. This person will be responsible for managing and implementing their security program for the area(s) in which they are assigned. This person will manage their special access security program consistent with other similar programs a t SNL. The successful candidate may be required to wear a pager during non-working hours and respond to SNL, as needed, to support security operations.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Ensure compliance and adherence to applicable security policies and requirements
- Conduct risk assessments and provide results/analysis to management personnel
- Manage and protect classified and/or sensitive information Classification and marking adherence
- Top Secret control accountability
- Destroy/transmit/store/reproduce classified information
- Develop Fixed Facility Checklists and/or Compartmented Area Checklists
- Develop Co-Utilization Agreements
- Interpret and adhere to contract specific security requirements
- Personnel Security administration and program access request processing
- Conduct program indoctrinations and debriefs
- Conduct foreign travel briefings and debriefings
- Provide security training to program briefed staff
Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must be able to work onsite. Qualifications We Require
Qualifications We Desire
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Security, Criminology, Cyber, IT, Political Science, Sociology, Human Resources, Business/Project Management or related), plus 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q (or DoD Top Secret) level security clearance with the ability to acquire Special Access Program (SAP) and SCI access, which may require a polygraph test
About Our Team
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated ability to team and partner for success
- Understanding of ICD 705 "Technical Specifications for Construction and Management of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities" requirements
- Understanding of the following DoD Manuals:
- DoD M 5205.07, Volume 1 "General Procedures"
- DoD M 5205.07, Volume 2 "Personnel Security
- DoD M 5205.07, Volume 3 "Physical Security
- DoD M 5205.07, Volume 4 "Marking" requirements
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management Framework for DoD Information Technology requirements
- Basic knowledge of Operational Security (OPSEC) 5-Step Process
- Experience with Department of Defense and/or Department of Energy security management in SAP and/or SCI environment
- Experience with Sandia, the FIE, or other government operations (IC, DoD, NRO, CIA, etc.)
- Completion of Introduction to Special Access Programs course
- Active SCI access
The High Security Operations (HSO) group performs high impact, national security work for a broad segment of the Intelligence Community (IC) as well as DOE and NNSA special access programs. We protect our customer's information and assets by providing a secure environment that allows Sandia to deliver products and services that protect our nation's security. The HSO group is responsible for interpretating and providing oversight of special access program security requirements, to include information, personnel, physical and operational security, access controls, facility accreditation, incident investigation and program access management. Posting Duration
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the 'posting date'. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time. Security Clearance
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date. EEO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. NNSA Requirements for MedPEDs
If you have a Medical Portable Electronic Device (MedPED), such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, drug-releasing pump, hearing aids, or diagnostic equipment and other equipment for measuring, monitoring, and recording body functions such as heartbeat and brain waves, if employed by Sandia National Laboratories you may be required to comply with NNSA security requirements for MedPEDs.
If you have a MedPED and you are selected for an on-site interview at Sandia National Laboratories, there may be additional steps necessary to ensure compliance with NNSA security requirements prior to the interview date.