A top worldwide Hedge Fund is seeking a High Performance Network Engineer to join their data driven team working towards building performance sensitive. This candidate will participate in the end-to-end system design, engineering, and ongoing refinement process. He/She must be comfortable adding and changing capacity on large-scale DWDM networks, and be able to work on ROADM or fixed wavelength systems. He/She will troubleshoot the entire system, from local host to destination exchange. This candidate will also aide in developing both data product and analysis tools for the ongoing refinement of the end-to-end infrastructure systems.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in building network-centric infrastructure and designing/deploying/supporting large networks
- Experience designing and maintaining multicast networks on a variety of hardware platforms / manufactures.
- Experience designing and supporting BGP and OSPF Layer 3 routing protocols
- Experience building and implementing networkinfrastructure to solve specific business problems
- Ability to use and interact with data - knowledge of python/perl/C or otherlanguages and SQL
- Exposure to big data products such as Splunk and Grafana a plus
- Excellent experience using packet analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Experience implementing and interacting with configuration control software such as ansible
- Experience working in a RAD environment focused on rapid innovation and engineering cycles
- Experience in the financial industry
- Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science; Masters Degreepreferred.