The High-Performance Computing Engineer will design and develop tools to optimize parallel computing algorithms on heterogeneous platforms including vector engines (AVX512), FPGAs, GPUs, and other types of super-computing hardware platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop parallel computing algorithms
- Design and develop tools to optimize parallel computing algorithms
- Manage life-cycle of HPC products from inception to deployment
- Research new parallelization paradigms on new computer architectures
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- In-depth understanding of computer, processor architecture
- In-depth understanding of shared-memory multiprocessor, multi-core programming
- In-depth understanding of processor cache, cache consistency protocols
- In-depth understanding of parallelization paradigms
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale real-time systems
- Deep understanding of Operating system kernels
- Deep understanding of machine-level architecture and programming
- Deep understanding of computer performance, benchmarking, latency, throughput
- High-performance linear algebra libraries
- Expert-level knowledge of C (or C++).
- Some familiarity with Tensorflow or similar
- Ability to analyze systems at all levels
- Ability to make decisions based on strict scientific analysis
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to create, innovate, think out-of-the box
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.