Baker Tilly , one of the fastest growing CPA advisory firms in the nation, has an incredible career opportunity for a High Net Worth International / Expatriate Tax Senior Manager to join our growing International Tax practice!
Our International Tax practice is comprised of a borderless team of professionals across the U.S, as well as team members from over 140 Baker Tilly International member firms from around the globe. This talented team addresses pressing issues for our global clients and assists with advising on U.S.-based and local country matters including; international tax compliance, planning and structuring, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing and supply chain planning, international high net worth and global mobility.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You like collaborating with high net worth individuals with cross-border activity and expatriates and inpatriates to help solve their most complex tax challenges
- You love being a mentor and helping people advance in their careers
- You are looking for an opportunity that utilizes your tax technical knowledge, while allowing you a great deal of flexibility and work/life balance
- You want to be part of firm that values specialty tax practices and is invested in your success, providing the resources and support for you to grow now, for tomorrow.
What you’ll do:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of high net worth international and expatriate tax services including planning, research and compliance related to expatriates, inpatriates, US/foreign real estate transactions, controlled foreign corporations and passive foreign investment companies, tax treaties, residency issues, foreign pensions and withholding issues
- Lead multiple tax engagements ensuring the delivery of quality tax planning and consulting projects for our diverse clients
- Build on technical competence by keeping up-to-date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations
- Collaborate and build relationships with Baker Tilly member firms around the world
- Provide tax technical guidance to tax professionals firm-wide
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA, MST or JD/LLM required
- Eight (8) + year(s) experience or some degree of exposure high net worth international and expatriate tax services including planning, research and compliance related to expatriates, inpatriates, US/foreign real estate transactions, controlled foreign corporations and passive foreign investment companies, tax treaties, residency issues, foreign pensions and withholding
- Two (2)+ year(s) of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, highly preferred