Job Title HEV Power Electronics - Systems Technical Project Lead
Country United States
Posting Location Dearborn, MI
Job Description Core Responsibilities:
• Lead, plan and track engineering activities during development and production launch of a high voltage and 48V battery controls electronic components.
• Evaluate customer specifications and translate the system requirements into DOORS for requirementstotest traceability.
• Lead the requirement analysis process within the project team.
• Complete system level releases and coordinate activities with electronics manufacturing plant.
• Make design recommendations with evaluated risks, cost improvements, etc.
• Ensure design proposals meet customer requirements & specifications.
• Evaluate internal and external engineering change requests.
• Support customer presentations, interfacing with OEMs on technical topics.
• Support quotation process with technical knowledge of designs to meet specifications and requirements (critical requirements analysis, create project specific system/product architecture)
• Main interface with core technical group to understand latest innovations in order to create opportunities for business with local customers (products, processes, methods, etc).
• Experience in HV or 48V battery systems development and commercialization.
• Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions for mechanical, HW and SW disciplines.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 to 7+ years of automotive electronics product development experience
• Bachelors degree in Electrical, Computer or Electrical Communication Engineering
• Demonstrated systems engineering background within power electronics, electrical machines, and component design
• Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Masters degree in Electrical, Computer or Communication Engineering
• Experience with ISO26262 (Functional Safety) compliance
• Experience in developing safety critical systems
• Experience with formal Requirements Engineering using DOORS or similar tool
• Knowledge of SAP release system
• Experience in applying design and development tools, i.e. FMEA.