SUMMURY: In accordance with the KIK Core Values and associated HESS (Corporate Health, Environment, Safety & Sustainability) Department Policies, the HESS Manager drives continual improvement in health, environmental, safety and sustainability performance of the assigned KIK facility and provides guidance and support to site and regional HESS management and/or Plant Manager/General Manager regarding HESS issues.
Position will report directly to the Site General Manager. This is a single site based role; however, providing assistance to other KIK locations may be needed periodically.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical guidance concerning site HESS issues – site subject matter expert.
- Establishment and maintenance of site HESS objectives and targets.
- Represents HESS on site Leadership Team
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve HESS performance.
- Manage the HESS training program, including new hire, job-specific, contractor and required refresher training.
- Manage the site HESS Committee.
- Manage site HESS communications.
- Manage site incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
- Assist in the management of worker’s compensationclaims and the site KIK Return to Work program.
- Manage the site HESS corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
- Manage the site waste management program including sustainability initiatives.
- Ensure the timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting tointernal and external interested parties.
- Maintain the site HESS recordkeeping program.
- Manage site hazard assessments.
- Manage site hazard communication program, including SDS management and required training.
- Manage site Safety Management Systems.
- Manage site process safety management or E2 program, where applicable.
- Manage required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping.
- Manage the facility leadership & employee safety programs.
- Manage the management of change process.
- Manage the site security programs.
- Manage site emergency response programs.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance.
Management of Employees:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of site HESS personnel.
- Assist in the identification and selection of site HESS personnel.
- Manage the training and development of site HESS personnel.
- Complete periodic performance reviews of site HESS personnel.
Technical degree in engineering, science, safety, industrial hygiene or similar discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Relevant certifications a plus (CSP, CIH, CHMM, PE)
- 5+ years of environmental, health and safety compliance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state/provincial and local HESS regulations is required.
- Experience in industrial wastewater treatment systems is a plus.
- Experience in industrial/potable water systems is a plus.
- Experience in the chemicals or consumer products industry is a plus.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2 requirements is a plus.
- Experience supervising employees is a plus.
- Self-driver focusing on continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate, work beyond obstacles and build trust with impacted departments.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize workload based on impact and facility goals.
- Ability to drive change by taking projects from proposal to implementation.
- Ability to effectively supervise, coach and mentor others.
- On-the-job requiredtravel time: Under 25%
- Availability: 24/7