This position will be responsible for SAS programming and statistical analytics for HEOR scientific evidence development in support of Insmed product value propositions to address stakeholder evidence requests. Specifically, the incumbent will have the following job responsibilities:
- Large US and/or global database evaluation and processing, to communicate with data suppliers on timely delivery, updates, quality assurance, data transmission, documentation. Complete processes required for new data application/access/acquisition such as CMS, US Government Census, managed care, and other types of data sources. Manage and maintain data file structures, ensure data integrity, and identify data issues.
- Retain secure access to the US Medicare database and conduct data and analytic evaluations following an approved study protocol.
- Interface with the IT department to maintain and develop computing capacity and analytic tools.
- Prepare data structures by defining patient or disease cohorts, establishing study samples, and structuring data files according to research objectives and study design.
- Implementation of HEOR strategic imperatives according to functional planning, tactic time tables, and deliverable milestones.
- Perform statistical analysis, generating analytic reports, tables, graphics, and slides, and communicating HEOR project findings to cross functional teams, internal and external stakeholders, or business partners.
Develop scientific evidence under supervision of HEOR leadership utilizing available data sources such as clinical trials, registries, databases, web based data collections, social media, etc.
Ensure professional development to enhance knowledge, skills, communication, scientific methodology, operational efficiency, and compliance with policies, regulations, and corporate standards and processes.
By accomplishment of job responsibilities, the incumbent is expected to contribute to the awareness of public health and patient impact of the disease, qualification and quantification of burden of illness and unmet medical needs in the patient population and subgroups, and demonstration of product value for patients and all other stakeholders of the Insmed products
- An advanced educational degree (MA/MS, PhD, ScD, PharmD, etc.) in a quantitative science such as statistics, biometrics, econometrics, psychometrics, operations research, engineering, computer science, data/life science, etc. is required
- A minimum 3 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical, finance, credit, or other industry performing programming and analytics is also required
- Solid knowledge and skills in SAS macro, SQL, graphics, and Stats modules is essential
- Other statistical software, such as R, S-Plus, WinBugs, etc. is a plus
- Programming skills or experiences with VBA, C++, Python, etc. are helpful
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized with a strong attention to details, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate competencies of: Excellence, Accountability, Driven, Collaborative and Solutions; along with any other position specific competencies
- Demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to change and business priorities