- The HEOR professional supports the HEOR mission of conducting, communicating, and translating research that supports the value of products and technologies toward the optimal care of patients. Contributing within a matrix organization, the incumbent works in collaboration with other HEOR departments, Medical Affairs, Market Access and other commercial colleagues to ensure that scientific evidence is delivered appropriately across customer segments. Within HEOR, the Communications professional partners with the therapeutic area Evidence Leads, the Research World Investigations research team, and the HEOR and Medical field teams to identify salient evidence needs, utilize appropriate scientific publication and communication channels to disseminate evidence, and translate scientific data for application to support health care decision making.
- Manager and Senior Manager level HEOR Communications professionals are directly accountable for the development of strategic communication plans that address the educational needs of multiple customer segments. The objective is to deliver health economic evidence and a demonstration of the product value proposition by employing an appropriate mix of traditional peer-review publication tactics, innovative communication channels, and customer-relevant tools to educate customers and prepare field colleagues for scientific exchange related to products and technologies.
- HEOR Scientists and Professionals are expected to demonstrate effective communication and excellence in interpersonal skills reflected in an ability to function as a respected and respectful member of a multidisciplinary team. The incumbent is expected to work autonomously, seeking direction and guidance as defined with manager, and to exhibit company values and ethics at all times.
Insights Synthesis & Collaboration
- Incorporate customer specific insights, gaps, and needs into an evidence-based strategic communication plan that delivers an appropriate mix of peer-reviewed publications, innovative communication channels, and customer-relevant tools.
- Collaborate with HEOR and Medical research teams to help define and shape research programs
- Maintain transparency with colleagues in the global organization to produce aligned strategy and tactics, while promoting synergy and avoiding duplication of effort
- Demonstrate innovation, creativity, and problem-solving in addressing the complexities within an evolving United States health care system
Strategic Communication Planning
- Maintain an active working knowledge of the numerous traditional and non-traditional, innovative channels for communicating with customers. Demonstrate an awareness of technology-driven communication solutions that are emerging in the transmission of science and health information, incorporating solutions into strategic plans, as appropriate
- Engage transversal colleagues, within HEOR and beyond, to understand critical customer insights that will inform strategic communication plans. Ensure that communication plans are based on an intersection of evidence-based scientific need and customer insights
- Maintain accountability for the overall communication platform for assigned products and technologies, ensuring that HEOR Communications addresses the needs of the various customer segments
- Ensure that HEOR research is appropriately represented at scientific congresses and that participation in such conferences addresses the educational needs of various customer segments.
- Collaborate with authors of peer-review scientific publications to select appropriate journal targets, seeking high-tier placements, where possible, while also prioritizing customer exposure to new evidence in more focused journal placements
- Demonstrate excellence in tailored, audience-specific communication to provide internal awareness of HEOR activities, as well as, external awareness of scientific evidence among customers.
Project Management and Compliance
- Manage projects and recruit/supervise external agency partners, as appropriate to ensure timely delivery of tactics. Understand corporate procurement processes and maintain responsibility for budgets and spend
- Sustain up-to-date working knowledge of all applicable prevailing guidance, regulation, and law that mandates the nature in which pharmaceutical organizations may interact with and deliver evidence to customers.
Required Education Qualification:
- A Master’s or doctoral degree is preferred. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree that culminated in training related to medicine, health economics, health sciences, pharmaceutical administration, and/or communications is required for this role. Evidence of knowledge of Good Publication Practice (GPP) required.