Jenzabar student information systems have been chosen more often than any other SIS over the past five years. Exclusively serving higher education, Jenzabar software and services are designed to drive higher performance in every department at your institution. Jenzabar associates are top performers in their fields of expertise — and they’re dedicated to delivering industry-leading enterprise and software solutions to colleges and universities across the world.
Job Skills / Requirements
Client University Information Technology—Help Desk Manager
This Position/Role is intended to provide daily management and administration to a campus-wide help desk operation, supporting the full range of campus constituencies with client friendly, fast, and effective support for the full range of IT support issues. The role is part of the IT (Information Technology) department
The person filling this role will report to the IT Manager and will work with other IT team members to provide Services and Support to the Institution.
Also responsible for bringing forth major information technology issues, needs, and plans. Will work in conjunction with IT Manager and IT team on all aspects of Technology for the organization.
The Office of Information Technology is responsible for campus-wide information technology planning and leadership. It has operational responsibility for the campus information technology infrastructure including the inter- and intra-building wiring plant, the voice and video networks, the data backbone network, and campus telephone and internet connections. It has responsibility for providing campus-wide networking services such as the administration of the “.edu” internet domain, domain names services, and the management of the campus web-servers. The Office of Information Technology plays the leading role in dealing with network security issues. It acts as a coordination point for other units that provide campus-wide information technology services, and reviews their annual information technology plans. It plays a major role in forming and supporting campus-wide information technology groups and committees.
The Help Desk uses student workers, interns, and work study recipients to fulfil many routine support calls. These workers come from students enrolled in the University IT degree programs, and the University intends for these workers to gain real-world experience to augment their classroom training and enhance their skill sets as they transition to full-time employment upon graduation. This is an embodiment of the University mission and vision.
• Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science or similar degree in an equivalent program of study combined with relevant work experience;
• Minimum three years’ experience in generalized Information Technology fields, including server administration; to include knowledge of server provisioning, management and administration, including server support activities such as security, patching, antivirus, malware protection, antispam, backup, failover, and redundancy.
• Experience with Windows Servers and Windows workstations in a Windows domain; domain design and administration
• Minimum of three years’ experience in coordination and implementation of computer and peripheral systems, to include planning, specifications development, purchasing, installation, training, trouble shooting, and repair;
• In-depth knowledge of a Windows workstations and software applications, including MS-OFFICE and EXCHANGE;
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and teach deductive and inductive reasoning to Help Desk staff;
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
• Ability to explain in laymen’s terms the use of computer related technologies;
• Advanced computer hardware and software knowledge and skills;
• Analytical and problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail;
• Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment;
• Strong customer service orientation.
• A+ certified, Microsoft certifications.
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
• Coordination of all system/server and software patches, upgrades, and releases.
• Monitor, manage, maintain and administer the server environment including; Active Directory, Exchange, SQL database, EX (ERP) and JICS (CRM).
• Maintains network operations and software applications (e.g. servers, file, print, application, WEB, database, proxy, etc.), operating systems, server backup, routine maintenance programs, etc., for the purpose of ensuring efficient and secure operations.
• Securing all data and servers along with the management of all software licenses for the College.
• Oversee repairs and upgrades for hardware, and related systems and software.
• Install, setup, and maintain appropriate software on servers.
• Responsible for coordinating the selection and implementation of equipment and support materials needed to reach institutional goals.
• Develop and maintain an accurate inventory of all institutional technology equipment.
• Coordinate and provide in-service and hands on training for institutional staff for hardware and software applications as needed.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information to the user community.
• Maintain a targeted, limited inventory of critical parts and materials.
• Analyze and identify Help Desk call trends and develop and utilize FAQ and other methods to reduce the need to request support calls;
• Remain current in the utilization of technology in the field of education by attending training sessions, seminars and workshops.
• Ensures that the administrative and academic IT department’s goals, projects, and objectives are in line and helps fulfill the educational mission of the college.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager and College administration[less]
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check