Hedge Fund Accounting Officer Main Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for one or more client relationships.
- Supervise and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds. Asset classes can include; equities, fixed income, derivatives, and private investments.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of the monthly or quarterly net asset value reporting cycle.
- Ensure all client queries and request are attended to in a timely matter and delegated or escalated appropriately.
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Support the onboarding of existing client funds and the launch of new funds.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Contribute to working groups within the organization to improve our processes.
- Involved in all areas of talent management including; hiring, training, supervision, and delivery of performance reviews.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financialreporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably within a hedge fund accounting role
- Highly effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment
- CPAqualification is favorable but not required