The Technical Staff Consultant provides support to the ChemTreat field sales representatives as needed throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Available for field sales assistance to include plant surveys, proposal preparation, sales presentations, and customer/prospect entertainment with the involvement of our field sales representatives.
- Conduct equipment inspections classified as confined space as defined by OSHA will be required.
- Travel throughout the continental U.S. on an average of three days/two nights per week.
- Provide field troubleshooting and technical assistance as required to include problem solving, sales representative on-site training, operator training, and equipment inspections.
- Become proficient with ChemTreat portable field equipment, including the Welch-Allyn Videoprobes, Orbisphere Oxygen Analyzer, Doppler Flow Meter, Orion Sodium Analyzer, ISCO samplers, etc.
- Provide office support function when not traveling to include telephone assistance, proposal and drawing proofreading, bid preparation, etc., as requested by our office clerical staff.
- Assist in field seminars, entertainment outings, and new account startup as directed by your manager.
- Provide sales and marketing support for specific industries, i.e., refining, chemicals, ammonia, cogeneration, and others.
- Bachelors of Arts/Sciences or Master's degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or related fields is required.
- 10 or more years' experience with a major water treatment company.
- Background in one or more key industries involving boiler, pretreatment, and open process cooling water treatment.
- Experience with heavy industry water treatment programs, testing procedures, and expertise in the Ammonia industry
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical, Analytical skills, and business knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Organizational skills; Self-management
- Technical and in depth knowledge in one or more key industries, including boiler internal treatment, BFW pretreatment, cooling water treatment, biological waste water and surface water clarification
- Ability to present treatment recommendations in both oral and written communications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.