- The Heart Recovery Coordinator collaborates with patients and families as part of a multidisciplinary care team to facilitate best practice care and access to those health and social services which enhance the client's health and well-being and his/her ability to adhere to the prescribed HF treatment regimen in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
- The Heart Recovery Coordinator may provide services to the client in a variety of clinical and community settings and serves as an ongoing resource for HF patients and their families during hospitalization and in the outpatient setting.
- BSN in nursing or Allied Health from an accredited college or university required.
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the State of NC or hold a class P Temporary License as a Registered Nurse in NC is required.
- Certification by the American Association of Heart FailureNurses (CHFN) isrequired.????
- New hires will be expected to obtain certification by examination within 12months of hire.
- More than 5 years experience in CV nursing working with the HF patient population may be substituted for a BSN.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Education, or Allied Health subspecialty may be substituted for one yearexperience.
- 3 - 5yearsexperience isrequired:
- Evidence of at least three years in direct client care to both acutely and chronically ill patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Evidence of progressive leadership and advanced teaching and communication skills essential.
- Knowledge of managed care and population-based disease management concepts and strategies preferred.
- Evidence of a high level skill in assessment, identification of problems, care planning, identification and development of community resources, and patient/family teaching required.
- Evidence of participation in career development for professional growth through use of literature, research and educational activities.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.