Lockton is seeking an experienced Unit Manager for its rapidly expanding Healthcare/Higher Education Practice. This position supports the Healthcare & Higher Education Practice Leader in executing client service operations within the unit to ensure policies and procedures align with strategic goals and objectives and conform to legal, ethical and quality standards of service. This person also assists the Risk Operations Leader in the development, communication and implementation of systems and processes needed to drive best practices and efficiencies within Healthcare & Higher Education. This position oversees all marketing and servicing activities in the Unit to provide the highest standards in commercial insurance brokerage services and relationships and is responsible for oversight of the assigned business unit’s operations.
- Ensure the Business Unit operates efficiently and effectively in supporting client needs.
- Ensure that relationships between Producers and Associates are cooperative and productive.
- Coordinate team assignments with Practice Leader for servicing of new clients.
- Maintain a small client book of business as determined by the Practice Leader with focus on large/complex accounts.
- Responsible for assigning Unit workload and monitoring new business capacity to ensure associates are performing at an optimal level.
- Recommend organizational structure, processes, staffing, and other resources for the Unit to support growth and strategic objectives.
- Negotiates and helps close the deals with the largest, most complex perspective Clients.
- Assess and develop associate productivity, effectiveness, and performance. Hold associates accountable through established performance objectives, training, education, coaching, and mentoring.
- Lead regular Unit and specialized group meetings.
- Cultivates executive-level relationships with national carrier partners, including developing initiatives, resource maximization and conflict resolution.
- Participate in National Vertical meetings to drive consistent, best-in-class branding.
- Drive efficiency through adherence to best practices.
- Participate in the recruitment of associates to the Unit and manage the interview and hiring process.
- Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- Comply with Lockton procedures and policies.
Lockton Cultural Competencies:
- We Live Service! Providing the best solutions for our clients is fundamental to our business. This client focus means we act with integrity and as a trusted advisor. We learn our clients’ business and build partnerships. We always put our clients’ interests first.
- We run at Lockton Speed! We make decisions locally, with a sense of urgency. We are responsive to clients, our teams and our partners. Be quick, but don't hurry! This means get it done right the first time with efficiency, speed, and most importantly quality.
- We make it happen! There is no bureaucracy. We are open to solving problems in new ways. We are free to do the work that we love, take risks, while making responsible professional decisions. We value independence, new ideas, and informed opinions.
- We have a passion for our work. We have high expectations for our self and others. We are intensely competitive, and aggressively pursue the best solutions. We are intentional in how we work and use drive and grit and move through challenges. We thrive on difficult challenges.
- It's Personal. Our relationships matter. We are in this together with our associates, clients, and communities. One team, where candid and straightforward interactions allow for proactive collaboration. We work through challenges, celebrate our successes, learn and grow.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry, with a technical knowledge of Healthcare & Higher Education professional, property, and casualty coverages.
- Experience with complex casualty programs and/or medical malpractice programs
- Seven or more years with a dynamic track record of leading or managing teams of people
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates strong client service focus. Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service!” while serving clients’ needs, nurturing effective client relationships and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton
- Well-developed knowledge and relationships within the insurance industry
- Strong business aptitude with operational management experience
- Ability to demonstrate reliability by completing tasks and job functions on time while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency and commitment
- Organizational and time management skills to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Proficiency in the use of Windows 10 Microsoft Suite