Healthcare SQL DBA
This company is headquartered in Philadelphia, is a venture-backed software company leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to empower healthcare organizations to discover, license and link traditional and emerging data for advanced analytics. By applying novel modern solutions to longstanding problems, we see a significant opportunity to improve the way our clients engage with patients. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced and entrepreneurial management team to address a large unmet need and build the industry’s most flexible and scalable cloud platform for large-scale healthcare data.
Our company challenges
- Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
- Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
- Standardizing on common data models across data types
- Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
- Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
- Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
How you will help
You’ll be embarking on a hands-on role, from ingestion up to making all data available in the warehouse layer, in standardized form, and ready to use. You’ll map the data, build the models, assess data quality, and QA the transformed results. You’ll reinforce data architecture standards, and data warehouse policies and procedures, ensuring that clients receive the highest quality data. You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs.
Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected. You will play an integral part in building the foundation of everything to come.
What you will do
- Explore, profile, and validate incoming healthcare data extensively, using SQL
- Map de-identified healthcare data to proprietary data structures
- Develop and improve QA test plans for incoming data
- Develop QC routines for data processing and ingested data
- Work closelywith ETL developers to perform troubleshooting on all ETL processes and resolve issues effectively
- Work with a QA Automation framework that provides real time alerts on data ingestion, drop rate, data processing
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Expand and reinforce company standards in terms of nomenclature, storage, design and deployment
- Provide support to all data warehouse initiatives
- A careful listener who absorbs information well and takes the initiative to implement improvements
- Proficient with SQL, you know it, write smart queries, it’s no big deal
- Aware of healthcare IT standards and have worked withhealthcare data
- Data driven, testing and measuring as much as you can
- Familiar with HIPAA rules and requirements
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of hands-on SQL
- 1+ years of data modeling and/or building and modifying tables in an RDBMS environment
- 1+ years of mapping source data to target tables
- 1+ years of experiencewith EHR, medical claims, pharmacy data, and/or lab data
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards and data structures such as ANSI 837/835, NCPDP D.0, HL7, and optionally HL7 CCR/CCD or FHIR
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing
- Hive, Spark SQL
We have big plans
We are building a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
Job Type: Full-time