Healthcare Regulatory and Compliance Senior Manager
Mazars USA is the independent U.S. member firm of Mazars Group, one of the largest global audit, tax, consultancy, and advisory firms.
We are seeking experienced individuals with previous healthcare and/or consulting experience to join our rapidly expanding Healthcare Services Group in Sacramento California. Clients include health plans, risk-bearing organizations, academic medical centers, integrated health systems, community hospitals and large physician practices.
This position offers an exciting opportunity within an innovative and expanding domestic and global organization.
This is a highly challenging position where the candidate must rely on strong analytical, creative and interpersonal skills, which are essential for growing the healthcare practice.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing multiple client engagements and leading an experienced team in a highly collaborative environment.
The candidate must maintain awareness of current healthcare industry trends, and demonstrate the flexibility to respond to new ideas and approaches.
This position will work with senior management and a diverse, cross-functional team to develop business strategies, new healthcare product offerings, cultivate new client opportunities and advise clients on optimal solutions unique to their organization’s needs.
· Develop and manage project teams of experienced consultants while working with a variety of clients, from health plans and otherrisk-bearing organizations to hospitals, large physician practices and otherhealthcare organizations
· Identify and implement capabilities for client transformations in managed care as they confront healthcare reform
· Responsible for business development via new client engagements, and expanding existing client business through understanding of a client’s specific business goals, strategy, financials and challenges
· Work closely with the Partners/Principals and the consulting team to develop and implement the firm’s overall marketing strategies, plans, and programs, corporate communications, client strategies and goals as they relate to each project.
· Provide subject matter expertise, analytic interpretation and development of healthcare offerings to build capabilities for clients and the Mazars organization
· Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Conduct required research specific to client and project needs, including state and federal regulations and statutes, as needed.
· Act in a leadership capacity within the practice; leads client engagements and cross-functional teams; mentors junior consultants. Demonstrates industry-specific thought leadership through articles, presentations, speaking engagements
· Responsible for growing internal practice through oversight of staff engagement productivity, subject matter expert development & implementation of ongoing training on healthcare policy
· Performs assigned duties and responsibilities in a professional manner that reflects the firm’s style, reputation and overall goals
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Masters or other advanced degreepreferred
· RN, BSN a plus
· HCCA Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred
· 10+ years of experienceworking with compliance regulatory requirements and regulatory agencies (e.g., DHCS, DMHC, CMS, DHHS OIG); experience in leading a Compliance Department for a health planpreferred
· High level computer expertise, including Word, Excel, Adobe, Access, PowerPoint required
· Working knowledge of healthcare regulatory environment, HIPAA, fraud, waste and abuse rules – with a specific emphasis on CA regulations
· Understanding of NCQA accreditation requirements and HEDIS measures
· Exceptional writing and editing skills required
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, all levels of professionals and providers, and government officials
· Ability to accurately apply scope of work tasks; effectively evaluate application of standards and legislative requirements to documents and operations; self-motivated and confident as relates to initiative and follow-through
· Demonstrated ability to develop, close and manage new business; must be detail-oriented and take initiative to learn new tasks
· Ability to work under pressure a must
· Ability to work independently a must
· Ability to travel to client sites a must
· Problem solving skills and ability to set priorities essential
· Professional presentation in all areas of communication, as well as professional appearance
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans
· 401(k) Plan