For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ – Columbus in a Healthcare Project Manager role.
NBBJ – Columbus is seeking a HealthcareProject Manager who can work independently and collaboratively with a team to manage Healthcare projects and lead work efforts of others, oversee the production of project deliverables, and interpret client needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance, sustainable outcomes.
You New Role:
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the project(s)
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work.
- Assist HC Practice Leader in developing market or client campaigns and interview to win new work.
What You will Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with large, complex hospital projects & academic medical centers
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino or 3DS Max desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires