The Project Manager works in partnership with the field leadership team to ensure we are delivering a safe, high quality and profitable project to our clients. The PM will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with the client and ensuring the project is completed on time and under budget. The PM will have expert knowledge of the contract specifications and will be responsible for providing the senior management team with project status updates and profit projections.
- Responsible for managing and directing the project team by providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary to meet project goals and objectives.
- Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project team.
- Directly responsible to senior management.
- Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
- Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
- Ensures scope of work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including the client.
- Determines controls and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
- Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintains ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with clients’ needs within contractual obligations, or just adjusting project deliverables to meet the client and stakeholders needs.
- Follows and ensures conformance with OHL North America policies and procedures, including safety policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or related field/equivalent experience.
- 8+ year’s field experience in healthcare industry, hospital work experiencerequired.
- Must be safety oriented – 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to function as a team builder/player.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.