The Healthcare partner sales team aligns to VMware’s sales organization and is responsible for managing and growing VMware’s partner ecosystem. The Partner Sales Manager (PSM) owns the relationship with one or more strategic partners for VMware’s Healthcare business. The core goal of the PSM is to establish joint Healthcareinvestments with the partners and develop Healthcare account pipeline and sales growth by achieving revenue targets across provider and payer segments for all customer tiers (SMB through Enterprise). This dynamic role develops and implements selling strategies and tactics for VMware Healthcare as well as for the VMware partner. The PSM builds sustainable business practices and develop strategic relationships within and across VMware and partner business organizations through the development and execution of partner business plans. Successful candidates will have proven experience in Healthcare, CxO relationships, partner development and management, partner-based sales, business development and planning, scalable sales programs, and will be a highly motivated team player.
Responsibilities will vary by the assigned partner, but will broadly include:
- You will be responsible for Partner business planning: Generate and manage sales and marketing objectives for specified National partners (Joint Business Plan), including services practice initiation, enablement, account alignment, business development, pipeline generation, and customer engagement by aligning goals and objectives with corporate strategies.
- We will develop strategic relationships with the partners resulting in commitment to VMware products and solutions and increasing pipeline and revenue from the partner. Establish partner performance criteria demonstrating achievement of partner sales and business plan objectives.
- You will drive Healthcare practice development: Drive development of partner teams, service offerings, and solutions to support VMware revenue growth and increase partner profitability around Healthcare sales and deployments. Increase partners’ VMware sales and delivery workforce through sales, presales, and technical certifications and industry and Healthcare Solution enablement. Present to and educate the key influencers at the partner to ensure they are including VMware in their recommended solutions and proposals to our customers.
- You will work with the partner to design, build and execute regional and/or national sales programs targeting all customer tiers to achieve pipeline and sales growth targets.
- We will own partner’s Healthcare pipeline from demand generation to close, utilizing inside and outside partner sales teams. Effectively communicate, report, track, and manage sales pipeline to senior management. Promote collaboration with internal and external resources to facilitate regular communication between partners and VMware.
- You will create and manage an indirect route-to-market strategy for assigned VMware sales leader; create and manage partner strategies for contract pursuits; and, own partner created revenue strategy.
- Proven experienceworking with strategic/national Healthcare Partners resulting in achievement of business and sales objectives. Ability to build and maintain executive relationships.
- Healthcare and business acumen: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Healthcare sales, consulting, IT, or partner management. Expertise in recognizing and acting upon go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic relationships
- Partner experience: Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for partner and issues to drive joint VMware and partner business opportunities. Strong demonstrated experience with partner economics, business models, and motivations for partner success.
- Partner management: Minimum 3 years’ experience in direct sales and/or channel (multi-tier) sales. Experience working with National VAR channels and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams.
- Sales Program development and execution: Proven experience in developing scalable sales partner programs (sales strategy, marketing, enablement, demand generation, and incentives).
- Sales management: Demonstrated ability to use different methods to uncover partner and customer solution requirements. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solution approaches encompassing products, services and processes based upon customer requirements. Experience managing cross functional resources, including demand generation strategies and execution, pipeline management, quota management, and revenue generation.
- Executive engagement: Ability to develop precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
- Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels. Ability to convey complex topics and ideas to a broad audience of business and technical leadership within VMware and partner. Experience in gaining buy-in and sponsorship around Healthcareinvestments and practice building.
- Proven results: Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven success achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals and working with complex national and global partners and alliances. Proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analyzing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline and velocity jointly with partners.