Job ID 2017-1853
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valuedpart of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a Healthcare Market Leader/Project Manager with a desire to contribute to challenging assignments to join our San Francisco office. This is a seller/doer position which exercises independent judgment tocreate and maintain client relationships that will develop business opportunities consistent with AEI’s strategic initiatives, achieved through collaboration with other Principals, Market Leaders and other marketing and business development personnel in both the SF office and other national AEI offices.
This position includes participation in the SF office leadership team for strategic planning, staffing and market development and participation in AEI’s national market Healthcare leadership forum.
Expected outcomes of this position will be to generate and build long term relationships (with clients, builders and architects) and produce qualified project leads. This position will negotiate and develop consultant/teaming strategies and guide the preparation of specific marketing documents and participate in interview preparation, as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to negotiate and secure new assignments on major healthcare projects.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team through planning, design and construction for projects ranging in scale from less than $1 million to greater than $100 million.
- Proven ability to provide conceptual level planning with Architects and Owners
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accreditedprogram.
- 10+ years in consulting environment designing building systems or leading design projects across MEP disciplines.
- Recent experience (within last 5 years) in the healthcare market performing project management.
- OSHPD experience in codes and project delivery
- Succesful management of large and complex projects for sophisticated clients in healthcare
- Demonstrated leadership on projects and with staff.
- Long history of very satisfied clients.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to client/prospective client sites and other locations (conferences, etc.) where project development opportunities exist (depends on assignment).
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
Proven ability to establish strong, long-term strategic relationships with key clients and partners.
Excellent perceptual, conceptual and interpretive skills.
Strong commitment to service excellence.
Strong collaboration and networking skills. Ability and willingness to develop, share, and follow-up on business opportunities in a team environment.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments.