The Marketing Manager is responsible for guiding the marketing programs that support Navigant’s Life Sciences solutions. Navigant advises pharmaceutical and medtech clients with targeted solutions related to product planning and development, market access, pricing and reimbursement, commercialization, franchise and business unit strategy, corporate strategy, as well as compliance and regulatory issues. Reporting to the healthcare segment marketing leader, the Marketing Manager will play a leading role in the development and management of the practice’s marketing strategies and plans, focused on the objectives of building a cohesive messaging and market positioning strategy reflective of an industry leader, strengthening the Firm’s brand in the Life Sciences sector and generating quality sales leads. The role will require functional expertise across multiple disciplines, including digital marketing, content/thought leadership creation, product development, public relations, event marketing, sales support and account management programs. This professional is a member of Navigant’s overall Healthcare marketing team and will work closely with all Managing Directors and Directors in the segment.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: New York, NY; Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan reflective of firm-wide and healthcare/life sciences marketing objectives. Track the progress of key strategic initiatives and report regularly on success metrics.
- Manage digital and social media initiatives that differentiate Navigant’s life sciences capabilities in a crowded and fragmented marketplace. Champion a “digital first” orientation in our go-to-market strategy.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) and the healthcare marketing leader on the development of a content marketing plan, editorial calendar, and distribution channels. Execute programs, monitor and report results, and manage lead generation and nurturing activities related to the content program. Oversee freelance writers as necessary for specific content assignments.
- Support the media relations efforts for key practice luminaries, partnering with Navigant’s Corporate Communications team and the firm’s external public relations firm on the development and execution of key strategies.
- Responsible for supporting practice efforts to market/ build relationships with business partners, key trade associations and other influential third-party organizations, including the coordination of major conferences and event sponsorship programs. Responsible for communicating conference and event sponsorship program ROI.
- Drive the development and use of consistent sales enablement tools, including collateral, professional biographies, case studies and other assets as warranted.
- Identify and evaluate new external marketing opportunities for strategic suitability, including sponsorships, speaking engagements, editorial opportunities, etc.
- Collaborate with corporate communications, and digital marketing, to enhance our ability to engage clients and prospects in meaningful ways and ensure a consistent application of the Navigant brand in the marketplace.
- Contribute to cross-practice collaboration and knowledge sharing by implementing and running appropriate internal communication programs.
- Monitor the marketing budget. Provide regular ROI updates on key strategic initiatives.
- Monitor competitors and their service offerings in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Minimum of eight-to-ten years marketing and communications experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience in professional services, consulting, or B2B environment preferred.
- Outstanding writing skills, with the ability to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with various levels of management.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where collaboration is necessary and accountability is expected.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of Sitecore, InDesign, and/or the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.