Our HKS Richmond office is currently looking for a Healthcare Senior Interior Designer, with a passionate and enthusiastic outlook on his/her career.
Our energetic office is located in the Historical Tobacco Row district of downtown, also known as Shockoe Bottom. For almost 25 years our office has been servicing Healthcare, Sports, Education, and Mixed-Use sector clientele throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region of the US, and very successful in celebrating national and regional design awards.
- Develops interiors concepts based on client vision, desire and architectural concept.
- Works with Director, Interior designer and architectural team in the selection and specification of Interior finishes, furniture and art for projects.
- Prepares detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of products and materials specific to healthcare.
- Collaborates with the Director of Healthcare Interiors on cost estimates for design proposals.
- Assists in Interior Design Project Management.
- Demonstrates strong design skills - creative thinker/designer.
- Develops the interior design endeavors with a keen understanding of the integrated holistic design process.
- Serves as the daily point of contact as a Project Designer for coordination; communicating and coordinating effectively with multiple disciplines in the design process.
- Handles big projects through all phases of the design and permitting process. Has successfully completed construction documents for projects of various sizes and scopes of the acute care healthcare setting.
- Has organizational skills to juggle multiple projects.
- Leads effective interior design presentations and when presenting/communicating to clients and colleagues.
- Mentors younger staff through the design and documentation process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program or equivalent experience. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Registration or Licensure preferred.
- Has 8 - 15years of experience including Project Design and Project Management.
- Proficient in current design software.
- Experience in Healthcarerequired.
- Proficient and well-versed in a variety of technological platforms including Revit, Adobe photoshop, Adobe Indesign, and 3D platforms.
- Healthcare Interior experiencepreferred.