JLL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our team on a client account in the healthcare industry. Position will manage the plant operations of one or more hospitals and requires a strong background in hospital plant operations, utilities, Environment of Care, and Joint Commission standards and compliance.
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that the work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently, neatly and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition. Manages departmental staff, including selection, scheduling and job assignments; counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination and other personnel actions.
- The Hospital Plant Operations Manager will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed, monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility's critical operations.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various site infrastructure systems, determine the root cause of any problem / malfunctions and take corrective action as required. Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff.
- Gives hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures.
- This position will demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and will instill a high level of professionalism and client service. This position must maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory surveys, Joint Commission and other client based audits that are applicable to their assigned facility or facilities.
- Responsible for the Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Code and fulfilling the role of Safety Officer.
- Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff. Gives handson instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures.
- Demonstrates the proper use and care of tools. Instills a high level of professionalism and
- Directs the performance of contracted maintenance Financial Management: Plans and forecasts budget for operation and maintenance, recommends and estimates facility repairs and improvements Hazardous Materials: Complies with policy and audit standards for safe storage, usage and disposal.
- Energy Management: Implements programs to reduce energy and water consumption by 2% at each hospital and tracks performance
- College degree in a related engineering field, formal apprenticeship program, or technical trade school
- Minimum 5 years of hospital facility management, plant operations, engineering or maintenance supervision experience
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) experience 360 Facility, Maximo, etc., and Building Automation System (BAS Siemens' Apogee, Johnson Metasys or Trane Tracer, preferred).
- Managerial experience
- CHFM Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, CFM Certified Facility Manager or other relevant certifications, a plus.
- Proven budget and personnel responsibilities Extensive knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Care standards and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing ability.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and Outlook email