Healthcare Electrical Lead
San Francisco, California
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future— join us!
In this role, you will apply buildings electrical engineering principles, your superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver healthcare projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. Working within our thriving healthcare practice, you will have the ability to help heal and protect the communities we live and work in, and support the mission of our clients to provide the best in patient care, wellness and experience. You welcome opportunities and challenges within a healthcare project, and bring consulting skills into each client interaction. You will add value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position us as a top tier design firm in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully manages healthcare projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading multi-discipline resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong electrical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for electrical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience managing healthcare clients.
- Leading and managing healthcare delivery teams; designing Electrical systems for Healthcare Facilities and built environment; OSHPD experience required.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Fundamental understanding of the current NFPA 72, 99, 101 and 110, California Title 22 and 24, California Building Codes including the California Electrical Code and the FGI Guidelines as they specifically apply to Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical office buildings.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Deep understanding of healthcare electrical and low voltage systems.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects while maintaining the process driven requirements of healthcare facilities.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage items of risk that may occur on projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage potential unanticipated scope.
- Functional knowledge of BIM software; in particular, Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field plus 7-10 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Project Management Professional certification, LEED AP credential and familiarity with various construction delivery process, such as Design assist and Design-Build are a plus.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.