Healthcare Data Architect
Impact Advisors has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned Healthcare Data Architect.
The Data Architect should have deep experience in information management, data warehousing and analytics technologies to provide Population Health and Data Analytics/Business Intelligence services for healthcare provider clients.
The Data Architect will provide tactical and strategic direction to help project sponsors understand how data is, will and can be used and the associated implication on people process, products and technology within the entire spectrum of Population Health Services.
Impact Advisors is a nationally-recognized healthcare consulting firm dedicated to improving healthcare through technology and process improvement. As a trusted healthcare leader, we help clients optimize clinical and operational performance through our Best in KLAS® advisory and implementation services. We seek bright, motivated professionals who are passionate about healthcare and technology. Please visit our website at www.impact-advisors.com for additional information.
- Provide strategic direction, program management and integrity of all Population Health and Data Analytics technology and system solutions throughout the client delivery system.
- Develop, promote and maintain consistent methodologies and standards to enable effective data architecture, access, reporting, lifecycle management, and master data management solutions.
- Deliver key management and thought leadership in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Provide frameworks to enable comprehensive requirements gathering, business consensus, and project completion utilizing effective analytical and project management processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.).
- Perform vendor and product evaluations and develop recommendations for solutions encompassing Best Practices.
- Mentor business and development resources, deliver solutions, and lead training and documentation efforts.
- Define and implement a both high-level and detailed strategy roadmaps for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-businesspartnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems.
- Thoroughly understand client business requirements and business processes in order to design data warehouse (“DW”) schemas and define extract-transform-load (“ETL”) and/or extract-load-transform (“ELT”) processes.
- Utilize advanced data analysis tools and methodologies, including statistical analysis, data mining techniques, and use of computational packages (e.g., STATA, SAS, R or SPSS).
- Participate in and lead key client Business Intelligence projects, using both Agile and Waterfall methods as appropriate.
- Develop specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data across clinical procedure codes and geographic areas.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, IndustrialEngineering).
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsibleexperience in Healthcare I/T or a directly related area, including both professional and management roles.
- In-depth expertise in Oracle/MySQL database, as well as multidimensional data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- 5+ years’ experienceworking with Electronic Health Record systems and associated data models.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organization, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven strong negotiation and consensus-building abilities and proven skills to work effectively across multiple client functional areas.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator, comfortable in interacting with customers.
- Ability to work independently, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals.
- Experience using project management, ITIL and SDLC methodologies.
- Solid understanding of key Business Intelligence industry trends, especially related to Healthcare.
- National, weekly travel (Monday-Thursday) is required.