Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Healthcare Data Anaylst (1.0 FTE, Day) to work in the Clinical Value Performance Imp Department at the Bank of American building in Seattle, WA.
The Healthcare Data Analyst role supports Swedish Health Services' goals by writing queries and creating reports that allow us to improve the quality and value of care that we deliver to our patients. This role provides analytic support to measure clinical process and outcome measures related to disease, clinical processes, care pathways and population health. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and its ability to tell stories and answer questions that are meaningful for providers and patients.
In this position you will:
- Create, validate, and maintain SQL queries to pull data from Epic's Clarity database and other Swedish/Providence data sources (e.g., EDW) in order to understand and improve practice patterns and patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with Quality Division colleagues, physicians, administrators, and other Swedish partners to scope, design, and validate recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Document project details using Jira and maintain report specifications that clearly describe how the report works.
- Enhance existing reports and reporting processes to create efficiencies and added value throughout Swedish.
- Code review and other collaboration with Swedish and Providence analysts/database administrators to ensure coordination of efforts and best-practice sharing.
- Interpret reports for administrative, clinical, and non-technical audiences.Understand and educate colleagues on the connection between data input and reporting output.
- Use Tableau to create reports that effectively and efficiently communicate the key message.
- Participate in initiatives to continuously improve the methods and processes of the Healthcare Analytics team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information technology, health informatics, public health, or related subject.
- 3 years of recent SQL programming. Skills should include some combination of: SQL Server 2012, Data Warehouse design, Oracle SQL.
- 3 years of progressive experience in healthcare operations, decision support tools or management of complex databases and analytics
- Proven experience creating, managing, and validating large data sets.
- Working knowledge of healthcare and quality improvement.Excellent organization and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare coding standards (e.g., CPT and ICD-10 codes)
- Skills with analytical software (e.g., Excel, SQL, SAS, R) as well as demonstrated knowledge of business service systems and the ability to operate complex business applications and systems.
- Ability to communicate complex clinical and/or financial information to operational staff. Ability to interact comfortably with a wide range of individuals, including clinicians and senior leadership.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and supportive way with teams and colleagues from the Quality Division, Healthcare Intelligence, Information Services, Finance, and others.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information technology, health informatics, public health, or related subject.
- Experience with reporting data out of Epic Clarity and/or Chronicles databases.
- Experience with Tableau data visualization software.
- Experience and familiarity with statistical analysis methodologies, modeling, and hypothesis testing.