When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
This position is responsible for data acquisition through the design, maintenance, and implementation of scripts and automated processes meant to retrieve accurate and complete data from various healthcare IT systems. The data is used to meet members’ needs for information and comparative data unique to metrics for clinical, operational, and financial performance. The position also performs advanced technical tasks to support team function as assigned by their supervisor. This position ensures high quality data flows into bench-marking tools and reports used to support their efforts to meet challenges and improve efficiency to remain competitive in their marketplace.
- Ensure the successful completion of quality product and solution implementation utilizing strong technical and analytical skills;
- Work directly with multiple customers through the successful implementation of Vizient product/service offerings and/or technologies
- Lead conversations with customer business and technical representatives with regard to all data aspects of new facility implementations;
- Understand and analyze facilities' inbound data files, including claim, payment, demographic, charges, charge description master, spend and other data. Identify where facilities' data meets requirements and where and why it does not. Work with facilities to help them provide data that conforms to requirements;
- Work with facility project team and IT personnel to coordinate the receipt and import of historical and on-going daily data into the database;
- Build configurations, business rules, and data mapping using internal Vizient tools
- Document detailed data import scripting, business rule configuration, workflow, and production job control specifications;
- Test data import and workflow after they are developed;
- Be a point person for data acquisition updates
- Assist engagement consultants with defining and gathering requirements for successful engagement completion or product implementation
- Actively contribute to the design and implementations of internal process improvements. This involves improvement of manual processes as well as identifying, developing, and implementation of tools that help automate processes
- 7+ years' total experience with 3+ years’ experience with healthcare technologies
- Intermediate-level or above using SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, Other) for data querying, analysis, and script development, preferably with healthcare information
- Experience working through data acquisition solutions with Healthcare IT Systems such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech, Allscripts, GE; and/or Materials Management Systems such as Lawson/Infor, Meditech, McKesson, PeopleSoft/Oracle
- Strong data management skills and understanding of relational DB structures – ability to learn the structure of a relational DB and in turn leverage the data as a business tool
- Fundamental awareness or coursework in software development – understand programming concepts, ability to understand the logic of a computer program; ability to develop software will provide ample opportunities in future
- Proven customer service skills in communication, both written and verbal, to facilitate the exchange of information with members
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, healthcare administration or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.