This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.Healthcare Cost Outcomes Director – Indianapolis, IN 136737This Healthcare Cost Outcomes Director will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of revenue and medical cost analysis to accomplish financial objectives in the Health Plan. The successful candidate will oversee of all aspects of cost of care analytics, and trend analysis and reporting for assigned health plan/division. The role also includes responsiblity for reporting and delivery of key information to senior management to generate cost saving or revenue enhancement ideas and achievement of financial targets.Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Manages the prioritization and development of reports for business reporting and analysis purposes including ad hoc analysis and cost of care projects.
* Obtains resources to support business unit analytic needs.
* Ensures accuracy and timeliness of output and deliverables for assigned areas or functions.
* Communicates with customers about technical issues in non-technical terms.
* Understands the business processes that the system supports.
* Strong financial accountability.Other key competencies:
* Leadership, communication and presentation skills.
* Trust-building: Honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
* Implementation/Execution: Good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
* Innovative: Introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
* Team player.
* Willing to learn; and a quick learner.
* Problem-solving: Solve problems with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Act as both a broker and consultant regarding resources; engage others in problem solving without taking over
* Requires a BA/BS in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or related field;
*12+ years of experience in health care analytics, financial reporting, business analysis within health insurance/managed care environment, including 5+ years of leadership experience; or
* Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* MBA preferred.
* Progressive data analysis and reporting experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and VBA.
*3+ years of experience in managed healthcare analytics is strongly preferred.
* SQL experience is required.
* Advanced Excel knowledge is required.
* Familiarity with claims data and authorization data experience preferred.
* SAS experience preferred.