We are seekingan established healthcare/medical copywriter looking to evolve within thenon-profit space by transitioning their skills to focus on communicating topatients, caregivers and the larger healthcare and research community about therapidly changing neuromuscular disease landscape to support our Mission. Thiswill include a variety of writing opportunities including press releases,blogs, information about clinical trials, grant announcements, research grantsummaries, research news, editorials/OpEds, trade journal pieces and to supportour MDA website.
Working with thelarger HealthcarePartnerships Department, Scientific Department and AdvocacyTeams to:
- Conceptualize and draft patient and family oriented communications around MDA activities such as the following: grant funding, clinical trials, research findings, clinical breakthroughs, FDA announcements, MDA-supported advocacy calls to action, MDA grantee profiles/vignettes, MDA research blogs and researcher guest blogs, MDA-supported scientific conferences/events information
- Maintain and update patient, family, and research-community oriented content on the MDA website
- Review patient/caregiver-focused educational materials prepared by third-party vendors to ensure the content is consistent with MDA messaging
- Create social media content including blogs and posting for our MDA channels
- Coordinate with other Mission team members to ensure consistency between communications targeted to patients/caregiver vs professional audiences
- Coordinate with our digital team for release of content to appropriate audiences (email, website, blogs, twitter, etc.)
- ProblemSolving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotionaltopics.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibilityfor own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work whennecessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriateperson with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly andpersuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings,write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to workindependently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment,including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support tomultiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced levelproficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and adapt to newtechnologies.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Drive: Motivated to develop and exceedbusiness plans and to clearly set expectations and goals. Establish and maintain collaborativerelationships.
- Initiative: Measure self against astandard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learnnew skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help whenneeded.
- Approximately 10 years’ experience in healthcareor medical copywriting
- Portfolio of work demonstrating conceptualcapabilities in both digital and print mediums (can be student/spec work)including science writing
- Experience writing about scientific research anddrug development
- Experience working for or with healthcare/medicaleducation agencies, news outlets or patient advocacy organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field –advertising, writing, journalism, science
- Content knowledge and/or experience writingabout neuromuscular diseases