Let's do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we're focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda Health is seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst. This position will Participates in Systems Analysis and Implementation Projects as directed; Gathers and documents business requirements, business process, systems flow and functional system design. Performs existing system analysis and new systems design. Takes responsibility for and leads larger systems projects. Performs analysis and represents business units for projects and implementations. Provides mentoring to level I BSA personnel.
01. Participates as a team member in short term stabilization efforts involving existing systems and processes.
02. Participates in defining and documenting business requirements, defining functional systems, and at the correct time, converting systems to ODS Company Standard Software Systems.
03. Participates in the development of business cases, contingency plans, business metrics and measurements, process models, training materials, new procedures, test scripts, ad-hoc reports, improved 'to-be' processes.
04. Collaborates with systems project teams in defining and documenting detailed functional system requirements, reviewing, analyzing, and approving acceptance criteria for conversion, interface and system enhancements.
05. Participates in the review and approval of system designs, logical data designs, report design, interface designs, and conversion plans. Reviews and approves high-level data flows, functional specifications, and system for implementation. Suggests design alternatives.
06. Acts in review and approval capacity in the establishment and maintenance of acceptance testing and prioritization of requests for system enhancements, system implementation.
07. Performs acceptance testing of enhancement, conversion and interface systems.
08. Devises and documents test plans and outcomes at a level of details that allows research and analysis. Performs post implementation, quality assurance and troubleshooting. Develops both user and business unit technical documentation for system enhancements.
09. Provides ongoing mentoring to lower level BSA personnel, along with Lead BSA.
10. May assist in analyzing structure and flow of work through unit and make recommendations to improve unit operations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties performed primarily in an office environment, significant sitting and keyboard work. Requires additional hours above and beyond 37.5 hours/week including weekend and late nights particularly during project implementations. Must be able to adjust schedule to accommodate project schedules and peak work periods.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you're ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it's time to discover what's possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
01. College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
02. Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a Business System Analyst role and/or project leadership position with experience within the healthcare insurance industry specifically in operational functions such as claims, membership, and/or customer service with experience and understanding of healthcare insurance regulations.
03. Experience and knowledge of TriZetto Facets Extended Enterprise solution preferable.
04. Knowledge of PC, Server Based and desktop applications including spreadsheets, word-processing and email.
05. Must be able to facilitate group sessions.
06. Demonstrated procedural and technical writing skills.
07. Must be able to work effectively within a project team and in collaboration with peers.
08. Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities. This includes working on multiple projects concurrently.
09. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
10. Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize task assignments to ensure quality standards and deadlines are met.
11. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with business and technical personnel.
12. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.