New York, NY
5 - 7 years
Posted 268 days ago
Healthcare Assurance Manager
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Healthcare, Assurance Manager is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and “wrap-up” stages of an Audit client engagement. In this role, the Assurance Manager is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise, as well as the responsibility of ensuring engagement profitability involving billings and collections.
Traditionally responsibilities of the Assurance Manager will include advising the client on various economic and regulatory risks within their industry, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, writing technical consultation memos on GAAP / GAAS issues, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems with a focus in the Healthcare Industry.
- Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent required
- MBA/Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Five (5) or more years prior work experience in public accounting required
- Prior significant supervisory experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience in the Healthcare Industry required
- One (1) or more years of nonprofit audit experience preferred
- Licensed CPA or international equivalent
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
- Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound GAAP and GAAS knowledge
- Familiarity with SEC and PCAOB reporting rules
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting