EXP is a multi-disciplinary dynamic firm committed to a collaborative approach to design. We are a passionate, experienced, and skilled design group of professionals, dedicated to producing creative, efficient and effective architectural solutions. We strive for excellence in every step of the process, from meetings and concepts through to construction and, ultimately, a successful realization of our client's vision. We are currently working on a number of local Healthcare projects – all in various stages of development - including several very exciting multi-million dollar ones in our region.
We are looking for a Senior Healthcare Architect who is a professional, creative, energetic, talented and enthusiastic team player seeking a rewarding and fulfilling career in our multi-talented, and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Develop functional and space programs for renovations and new construction for all types of healthcare facilities
- Generate overall architectural design concepts and narratives
- Manage contractual and financial responsibilities of projects
- Manage document-specific timelines to ensure on-time deliverables
- Build long-term relationships with clients
- Inspiring creativity and design excellence
- Presenting the design to the client and stakeholders
- Evaluating and selecting building systems and materials.
- Coordinating building systems to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Ensuring that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Managing team to meet project scope, schedule, and budgets
- Coordinating work within the office team during CD production phase, and between the Architectural team and all other disciplines, participating in development and monitor their completion.
- communicating with consultants, sub-consultants and other representatives to ensure project details are carried out and specified correctly.
- Client Relationship Management;
- Mentorship and coordination of architectural design staff.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Degree in Architecture, with minimum 5 years of experience in various healthcare planning, design and construction projects
- Registered with or eligible to be registered with NSAA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Design experience for:
- Programming / predesign
- Building Code
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction documents development with technical team
- Construction observation & Construction Administration
- Design experience on LEED, and Green Globes projects would be considered an asset;
- Software capabilities: AutoCAD, Revit etc. would be considered an asset;
- Ability for mentoring staff.
- Interest in business development and client relationships is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to lead one or more teams on projects through the development of design concept.
- Ability to present innovative ideas to the client and project stakeholders.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering and architecture services to the world's built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. With close to 3,000 creative professionals across North America and around the globe, EXP provides the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you'll find exponential possibilities.