The Healthcare Analytics Engineer uses data to create insight by transforming business perspective into information.
- Identifies appropriate data sources and creates homogenous datasets to operationalize performance objectives.
- Collaborates across disciplines and organizational boundaries to reduce unnecessary expenditures and enhance processes.
- Combines data from disparate sources providing new insights into questions using multi-dimensional origins.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), data analysis and troubleshooting for existing products.
- Participates in project code development, troubleshooting and enhancement in collaboration with development team members, where required.
- Ability to effectively analyze existing legacy reporting solutions in order to migrate and implement futuristic data warehouse reporting solutions using the data security features of the chosen platform.
Primarily responsible for the design, development and support of information objects including reports, dashboards, and data dimensions based upon the needs of the functional process owners. The right candidate, along with other members of the team, will perform configuration and maintenance of Healthcare Analytics and associated reporting environment; develop, test, and validate SQL queries; develop new reports; modify existing information objects; prepare specification/requirement documents; conduct appropriate QA, validation and testing; project coordination responsibilities; and assist in change management and user training. Drives selection and management of the most appropriate technology/data solution including operating platform for any given reporting scenario, e.g. HC1, SQL, MDX, Cache.
- Data Analytics /ReportWriting
- Building multidimensional datasets and designing appropriate data objects to meet reporting needs
- Utilizing various reporting and data analytic toolsets to access, analyze and manage data
- Creating, scheduling and distributing meaningful reports
- Develops a strategy for incoming request, manages client requirements and generates appropriate deliverables in a timely manner
- Able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals
- Employs active listening skills to determine issues and formulate solutions
- Works well independently and with groups as a leader and participant as indicated by the situation at hand
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, user personnel and management staff
- Develops reporting templates that can be modified and reused for similar requests
- Understands reporting request and takes into HIPPA regulations into considerations for all data request
- Creates and follows existing SOP’s for documentation
- Architects and designs multi-dimensional database and marts utilizing various industry standard toolsets that will generate reporting solutions to meet users expectations
- Training &Education:
- Preferred Master’s degree and 5 years’ experience performing health related analysis on large datasets in a SQL environment is preferred
- RequiredBachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience performing health related analysis on large datasets in a SQL environment is required
- Attends training to maintain proficiency with required systems
- Supports the development of training materials for end users
- Maintains professional/technical knowledge by reading professional publications and attending continuing education seminars and classes
- Cross Functional Activities:
- Mentors SHUSHA and divisional employees on all aspects of report generation and related data analytics
- Possesses and employs critical thinking skills
- Displays a working knowledge of CPT and ICD coding terminology and the data elements comprised within each and their respective importance in determining criteria to create a reliable and valid dataset
- Experienced with and knowledge of managed care principles including capitation, carve outs, covered lives and their impact on reimbursement
- Understands data elements related to underpayments and denials management
- Researches new methodologies and systems related to enterprise reporting and analytics and makes recommendations best suited to the situation at hand
- Understands how to evaluate SOW for appropriateness and value
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to define requirements for document content, format and production schedule.
- Oversees the creation of and management of the enterprise reporting data dictionary and serves as the custodian by organizing and managing said contents
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Ability to supervise and provide technical leadership for the enterprise business intelligence/reporting team
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively with users within the laboratory, the management staff, team members, team leads, and project managers
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Manages and prioritizes assigned tasks to meet project deadlines
- Works well on both individual and team projects
- Takes initiative and maintains a positive attitude
- Works effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others’ time.
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures.
- Ability to Optimize SQL, PL/SQL, ETL code and database objects to ensure solid performance and uptime for production reporting systems and products
- Able to Design dimensional models for existing and new Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) source systems
- Ability to generate corporate standard reporting and promote such standards across the enterprise
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years of professional enterprise level data experience including efficient report design and deployment, a working knowledge of SQL with a demonstrated ability to create and execute queries to return accurate data sets. Must be comfortable creating SQL queries, using stored procedures and parameters.
- Previous clinical laboratory data exposure including CPT and ICD related coding
- Thorough understand of data warehousing, including ETL, staging and data cleansing
- Working knowledge of the principles of relational and multidimensional database design, including joins, indexing, normalization and schema design
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented