At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Region is Western US, Only considering applicants who reside in Houston TX, Dallas TX or Portland OR
Lead a team of Health System Executives, Consultants & Specialists to coordinate the tactical plans needed to drive growth within Health Systems that have IDD instruments. Recruit, hire, coach, lead, train and develop a highly-talented sales staff to build a strong, results-oriented and motivated work team. Meet or exceed established regional sales goals, market growth and implementing applicable policies and procedures.. Responsible for the orchestration and proper use of available resources working with the commercial team to ascertain and act on opportunities for growth and optimized lab utilization. Where such growth opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer and IDD Commercial personnel.
- Lead the support commercial team and “own” the tactical plan to drive growth within the assigned customer market that have IDD instruments. Develop the strategy and the tactics to increase utilization.
- Lead Health System Clinical Sales Consultants (HSE & CSC) to execute on the Health System account initiatives once commitment is received.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Account Manager and Regional Manager – Lab, to identify and execute on new opportunities for growth (e.g. menu expansion)
- Develop and cultivate advocacy to drive sales and market growth collaborating with established customer assignment.
- Provide business insight and value to retain customer and enhance customer relationship.
- Persuasively articulate the clinical and economic case for expanded testing at the highest executive levels within these institutions and to have a working knowledge of the dynamics of healthcare delivery.
- Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery as it relates to creating open reimbursement access for diagnostic testing (including knowledge of the healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key players, influencers/thought leaders in the medical community)
- Understand and effectively articulate our compelling business case and economic value proposition to our customers within IDNs, GPOs, ACOs, regional healthcare systems, providers, payers, and hospital laboratories;
- Collaborate on sales & marketing efforts with internal team
- Participate in company meetings for training purposes, product information updates, and sharing field intelligence information.
- Assist with growth and development of the sales team by providing training, guidance & assistance as needed.
- Health System, Executives, Clinical Sales Consultants, Health System Implementation Specialists
Bachelor's Degree in business (or healthcare related field), with a minimum of at least three years successful management experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical diagnostic sales and/or sales management;
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- A detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a thorough understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and in matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic Selling and complex selling skills
- Significant drive for results
- Must have superior listening skills, a genuine customer focus, and a passion for satisfying the customer;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Should have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
- Strong initiative, judgment and decision-making ability
- Proven success in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans in health systems
- The ability to travel 60 – 80% extensively throughout the territory
typically 1/3 of the United States