When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
The Health Systems Executive will be responsible for a territory covers Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee. The person in this role may be based anywhere within the territory near a major travel hub. Travel expectation is approximately 80%.
How will you make an impact?
The person in this role is accountable for achieving prescribed sales growth through customer recruitment, and helping to prepare select markets for pull-through. This includes, but is not limited to cultivating advocacy, improving market access, and influencing policy within key Health Care Systems, IDN’s, IPO’s, and Laboratories throughout the country.
What will you do?
- Develop advocacy to drive sales and market growth, in new and existing markets
- Persuasively articulate the clinical and economic case for expanded testing at the highest executive levels within these institutions and to have a working knowledge of the dynamics of healthcare delivery. All activity will be in compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Prepare prescribed markets for clinical detailing and pull-through.
- Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery in designated markets especially as it relates to creating open reimbursement access for diagnostic testing (including knowledge of the healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key players, influencers, and thought leaders in the medical community).
The Health Systems Specialist must understand, articulate, and effectively sell our compelling business case and economic value proposition to our customers within IDNs, GPOs, ACOs, regional healthcare systems, providers, payers, and hospital laboratories. This includes supporting the Area Director, Marketing Team and the Medical Group CSC’s to execute the Area and US business plan, as well as collaborating on sales and marketing efforts to drive pull through business growth.
How will you get here?
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business or a healthcare related field.
- Minimum of five years successful experience in laboratory, healthcare or diagnostic sales and/or sales management.
- Specialty Sales, Diagnostic Sales, Account Manager, District Manager, Clinical Educator, Healthcare Practitioner, and/or Hospital/P&T salesexperience is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently out of your home, and be willing to travel approximately 80% of time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be business plan-focused and effectively persistent and persuasive, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient, in order to respond to changing business and customer needs.
- Must be able to effectively strategize both independently and collaboratively to develop plans to maximize pull through sales with individual hospitals and IDNs.
- Must possess a detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a thorough understanding of healthcarefinance/accounting and provider/payer economics.
- Should have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
- Must have superior listening skills, a genuine customer focus, and a passion for satisfying the customer.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Need to be able to “think on your feet”, be well organized, with attention to detail, and results driven.