$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
The Health Systems Director position is responsible for development, execution, and communication of Health Systems Strategic Plan for assigned and targeted IDNs, Regional Purchasing Coalitions and key customers (Health Systems Accounts). Account responsibilities will be driven by strategic consideration as it relates to strategic GPO importance, revenue and member compliance vs participation. This person will focus on developing new business opportunities, employing innovative contracting strategies and value propositions aimed at leveraging improved quality, improved patient satisfaction and reduced costs to obtain system-wide agreements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
SUPPORT VICE PRESIDENT, HEALTH SYSTEMS IN DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH SYSTEMS STRATEGIC PLAN: (40%)
a. Responsible for achieving sales, profits and growth targets of assigned Health Systems Accounts.
b. Identify and evaluate new business opportunities in the Corporate Accounts and turn them into mutual business improvements (utilization, standardization).
c. Work with field sales personnel and Regional Directors to maximize opportunities developed in the targeted and signed Health Systems customers
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT: (40%)
a. Build long term and effective relationships at high hierarchy levels.
b. Determine a vision and strategic direction for the organization's relationship with the selected Corporate Accounts.
c. Develop and execute on Standardization Agreements which create opportunities for the sales team, and contribute to the overall sales and market share growth of PDI.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS: (15%)
a. Determine quarterly performance of CA: actual sales vs. targeted performance.
b. Assist in new product positioning, pricing strategies, and marketing strategies.
1. Meet or exceed assigned Corporate Account targets for profitable sales volume.
2. Setting and implementing strategies, providing clear direction to the Sales Team as to what needs to be executed; developing and implementing best practices at the Corporate Account level.
3. Utilizing analytic tools to measure performance of Corporate Accounts; identify trends, business opportunities and process improvement.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Advanced Excel skills
Knowledge of the medical industry, IDN's, RPC's, distribution and GPO's required.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working with IDN's, distribution and key accounts.
Minimum of 5 years of successful sales management experience with proven leadership skills and documented success.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of healthcare systems and distribution channels, and the sale of multiple product categories into the healthcare system.
• Demonstrated ability to close large Health System contracts. Strong negotiation, presentation & collaboration skills in addition to those skills required to manage a cross functional team.
• Must be results oriented, convey a sense of urgency and able to press for closure and timely accomplishment of objectives.
• A customer focused individual; able to understand customer needs and develop and implement creative solutions to maximize growth and new business development.
• Must have the ability to manage, lead, guide and motivate sales teams using a defined selling process that is multi-level and high value in nature to deliver exponential growth in revenue and profits.
• Ability to work with mathematical problems relating to sales volumes, RFP's and pricing proposals.
• Ability to solve practical problems.
Heavy Travel Required: Significant travel is required for this role (50-75%)
May meet with customers in a healthcare setting
Valid Through: 2019-11-11