Reporting directly to the HSS CEO for day to day responsibilities, this finance professional will lead Health System Solutions (“HSS”) finance operations and serve as a member of the HSS leadership team.
The individual will support the financial operations of the HSS business, and work as the primary liason with Navigant and Baptist Health South Florida (“BHSF”) finacial leadership. As HSS is a newly formed organization, this individual will play a key role in establishing the administrative functions and processes of HSS.
As the HSS finance leader, the candidate will work directly with the HSS finance and operational teams, and will have regular interaction with functional teams at Navigant and BHSF.
The specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enforce policy compliance with Corporate Policies within HSS in key business areas including:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Client billings and collections
- Risk management programs and policies
- Compensation and incentive programs
- Financial planning and analysis
- Joint Venture accounting and governance around capital contributions and expenses charged by the JV partners to HSS
Financial Analysis and Controls:
- Be responsible for HSS accounting and reporting, including management of the stand-alone audit
- Oversee management and analysis of monthly HSS results to ensure entity level reporting is complete and accurate
- Coordinate and ensure timely evaluation of monthly results for HSS and JV partner leaders, including preparation of related operational reporting for HSS leadership
- Manage working capital needs for HSS, including managing receivable collection efforts and managing payment terms
- Work with Practice Leaders and corporate leadership to manage and control discretionary spending, including capital (or other) investments, training, practice development and marketing costs for HSS
- Maintain all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance for HSS (to the extent not covered by Navigant controls
- Participate in the quarterly and annual review of filings for proper disclosure of business activities, including sign-off on financials and forecasts used for estimates in financial reporting
- Provide analysis used to support discussion published in external reports
- Address issues and answer questions resulting from JV partner external audits
Tax and Treasury Planning and Coordination:
- Be responsible for coordination of tax filings and related compliance
- Coordinate with JV partner finance funtions
- Coordinate with Global Tax and Treasury teams to anticipate and manage HSS’s cash needs
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Control the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process and specific budgeting and forecasting issues, including periodic exception analysis. Prepare the quarterly forecasts and reviewing with senior management.
- When requested, provide financial support for the strategic planning process, including preparing the financial models for international projections and reviewing with senior management.
- Prepare business cases for capital expenditure requests and evaluate investment performance.
- Work with HSS CEO to drive achievement of budgets and forecasts, including decision and analytical support. Support includes analysis around capital and other investment decisions, future project pricing, and on-going operational performance.
- Provide analytical, operational, presentation and documentation support in preparation for periodic management meetings
- Provide support to HSS CEO for HSS Board of Directors presentations, and also for required reporting to JV partners
- Provide mentoring and oversight for finance personnel. .
- Oversee ad-hoc project teams, where necessary, for sensitive and/or escalated client billing / collection issues or other financial issues
- Contribute to the development of new processes, procedures and systems, including ERP implementation efforts
- Establish appropriate integration with corporate consolidation and US GAAP compliance requirements
- 12 + years of experience in a relevant finance and leadership role
- Experience in a professional services or outsourcing environment
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree required
- Bachelor degree; MBA or CPA (or similar certification), viewed as a positive
- Experience in a matrixed environment
- Previous managerial or leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues between practices / practitioners / clients