The Health System Account Manager (HSAM) will be responsible for generating demand for the Client’s product line in the Hospital / Health System markets.
The HSAM will report to the Health System Regional Director and serve as the primary point of contact within assigned Health System Corporate Office, exhibiting strong customer business knowledge while working collaboratively across the field sales organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure Client delivers on sales targets and company objectives.
The territory includes the following cities: Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Fresno, Seattle and Portland.
- Identify and develop relationships with key Health System decision makers and influencers with targeted Health Systems to identify top priorities, achieving mutually beneficial objectives (Pharmacy, C-Suite, Supply Chain, Purchasing, etc)
- Ensure executional success by providing structure and accountability around the development, pull-through, coordination and maximization of sales opportunities within Health Systems and Hospitals as well as managing and utilizing Client’s resources, including contract maximization
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Hospital channel, chronic pain management, and competitive pain therapies
- Provide dynamic, high-level value proposition and contract presentations to various Hospital key decision makers, up to and including C-suite executives
- Collaborate and coordinate the business planning process and execution with internal business partners in sales, marketing and market access teams
- Identifies and investigates customer needs (clinical, financial and organizational) and communicates with appropriate individuals to bring appropriate value solutions
- Develops actionable business plans that establish strategic objectives, including key tactical components and critical success factors
- Organize territory targets and prioritize accounts to maximize sales impact
- Utilize appropriate sales tools, programs, and resources provided by marketing
- Prepares and submits timely reports of business transactions and keeps accurate expense records
- Competent in the utilization of key business analytic tools and CRM
- Expert in local institutional marketplace, learns the nuances and stays ahead of changes, provides feedback, information, and best practices across sales teams, brand team, and senior leadership
- Complies with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Client Company.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Requires at least 5 years’ industry experience, with demonstrated record of success
- Extensive experience successfully selling in the hospital marketplace
- Demonstrable selling skills aligned with Challenger Sale principles
- Ability to sell disruptive therapy solutions, challenge conventional though and convert established protocols
- Prior experience launching new product(s) in specialty markets preferred
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight stays
- Requires a high level of initiative and independence; must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary
- Must live within assigned geography
- Strong analytical skills and strategic agility
- Entrepreneurial approach to the business (i.e., Effort, Accountability, Business Acumen, Positive Attitude)
- Excellent communication skills
- Employs a solutions focused approach to understanding territory dynamics
- Takes appropriate business risks and always conducts business honestly and ethically.