Centurion of Mississippi is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Centurion, a partnership between MHM Services and Centene, is a leading provider of healthcare, mental healthcare and dental services to inmates throughout the state.
We are seeking a Health Service Administrator (H.S.A) to work at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, MS
The Health Service Administrator (Site Manager) manages the overall operations of the health services program at the designated facilities or complex of facilities within the Centurion of Mississippi contract. The HSA is responsible for the planning, coordination, direction, and supervision of health care delivery program services to offenders in a correctional setting to meet service delivery requirements of the Centurion of Mississippi contract.
Some of the main duties of this position include:
- Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of multidisciplinary team including medical, dental, mental health, nursing, technical, clerical, and support services.
- Serves as Centurion liaison to facility security administration in collaboration with the Regional Manager.
- Maintains communication and responds to inquiries and concerns between health services staff, site health services leadership and Centurion regional/statewide staff.
- Provides technical and administrative oversight to staff, addressing and resolving problems or conflicts.
- Participates in recruitment and retention of staff by performing interviews, recommending hires and ensuring training of staff.
- Ensures completion of staff performance reviews based on defined responsibilities and staff roles.
- Conducts and administers fiscal operations, including managing within defined budget, authorizing expenditures, and analyzing projected to actual financial performance of designated program.
- Assists in formulation and/or communication and implementation of contract and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Updates Centurion regional management on designated program’s progress and issues related to contract performance, compliance and fiscal management.
Centurion of MS offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, dental, life, vision and disability insurance
- 401k with employer match
- 20 paid days off plus 8 paid holidays
- Health savings account with matching employer contributions
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Wellness activity subsidy
- Access to corporate discount programs
- Regular and consistent work schedule
- Manageable work loads
- Tuition reimbursement
- MS Nursing License, BSN or MSN preferred
- 5 years’ experience in an operations management role.
- Managed care or correctional healthcare experience.
- Multi-site experience
- Must be able to pass background investigation and obtain agency security clearance.