Health Safety Security & Environmental Manager
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Manager
Vertellus is a dynamic international company with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Our culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees so that we can focus on providing the best products and solutions to our customers
Vertellus is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Manager to be located at our manufacturing facility in Greensboro, NC. The HSSE Manager will provide comprehensive leadership, support, and guidance to management and direction to various personnel on implementing the company’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management Programs. The HSSE Manager is responsible for managing site HSSE regulatory permitting and reporting. The incumbent is expected to interact with managers, technical staff, personnel from other departments and customers to properly address Health, Safety, Security and Environmental inquiries and issues throughout the Site to ensure regulatory and company HSS&E requirements are achieved.
The Manager is engaged in the prevention of incidents and events that harm people, property or the environment. The manager is responsible to ensure the Greensboro Facility is in compliance with all applicable, local, state and federal regulations as well as the internal requirements established by the organization.
Internal and external audits, inspections & recordkeeping
Industrial hygiene monitoring and assessments
Lead/participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
Champion to site PSM program
HSSE performance tracking and reporting,
Regulatory training of employees
Incident investigation and corrective action tracking
Manage required reporting and filing relative to local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- B.S. degree in Health and Safety or a related field plus minimum of 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision in a team environment to prioritize and adjust workflow depending on Site needs
- Effective interpersonal, verbal/written communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills analysis
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Must work in seasonal hot/cold weather conditions.
- Ability to move freely around the plant using stairs and climbing ladders.
- Must be able to push pull or lift up to 25 pounds.