HES Manager - Rochester, NY
Company is financially stable, excellent benefits, beautiful location near a college town. You would be joining an excellent leadership team at a profitable site.
- BS in Chemical or Environmental Engineering; Professional certification preferred (CSP, CHMM, CIH, CPEA)
- Minimum 15+ years manufacturing industry experience in Health, Environmental and Safety
- Proven ability to influence actions and mindset in leadership team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in Incident investigation techniques
- Strong knowledge or MS Office; IMPACT Enterprise software desirable
Provides leadership, direction, education, and overall management of the site?s Loss Control Programs, including Environmental, Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Title V, Security and Hazardous/Solid Waste Management. Serves as HES program champion and provides technical regulatory guidance to the site and Sr. management on HES-related matters. Provides leadership of key site HES initiatives and total oversight of EHS regulatory budget and risk management practices. Ensures that programs and management systems are in place to achieve top tier performance in process safety metrics, behavioral based safety methods and in key performance measures such as TCIR and LCIR. Maintains positive working relationships with Regulatory Agency Personnel (USEPA, NYSDEC, NYSDOH, OSHA, DOT), and various outside auditors.
- Provide leadership and direction on all site loss control and risk reduction programs. Conduct/Coordinate loss control and/or risk management training.
- Serve as OHSAS 18001 Coordinator and manages assigned AIMS elements
- Implement, manage and/or sustain Industrial Hygiene program. Provide overall leadership and direction to personnel. Conduct/Coordinate routine and/or non-routine air monitoring, sound mapping and Job Exposure Profiles.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain comprehensive management systems in support of Company Corporate and plant HES policies, procedures and programs. Serve as a site technical resource for HES programs.
- Serve as Primary and/or Lead Negotiator for Environmental Regulatory Permit implementation and/or amendments.
- Provide technical and operational guidance on Title V / NSR Permit amendments and issues.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and direction on specific environmental areas of compliance such as deviation management, environmental excellence, Hazardous Waste, and Stormwater Management.
- Serve as an Alternate/ Primary Incident/Emergency Commander. Provide leadership, training and oversight of the site emergency and contingency plans. Assign key roles and responsibilities as needed and ensure that federal, state, local and Company Corporate standards are adhered to.
- Serve as primary contact for Third Party Inspections and Audits pertaining to OSHA, EPA and other HES-related programs.
- Lead LOPA Process Hazard Analysis for PSM and non PSM processes. Serve as primary contact for PSM/RMP
- Manage and improve site contractor safety management program. Revise or amend system as needed to be compliant with federal, state and local guidelines.
- Coordinate, monitor, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of IMPACT; recommend and assign appropriate corrective actions.
- Conduct/coordinate incident investigations. Serve as site contact and system manager for IMPACT incidents and data management system. Serve as site lead investigator for TapRoot investigations; provide incident investigation training to site
- Coordinate/ lead monthly reviews on the status of incidents investigations and corrective/preventative action status.
- Provide incident and action item analysis to senior plant management of all incidents on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate/conduct all site safety training.
- Serve on Corporate HES initiatives as required
- Provide leadership, direction for HES Department and implement an effective development program for direct reports.
- Provide leadership meeting or exceeding site HES goals and site Budgetary Goals.