Health, Safety & Environment Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Energy / Oil & Gas
EagleBurgmann, a joint venture of the German Freudenberg Group and the Japanese Eagle Industry Group, is one of the internationally leading companies for industrial sealing technology. Our products are used everywhere where safety and reliability are important: in the oil and gas industry, refining technology, the petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, food processing, power, water, mining, pulp & paper, aerospace and many other spheres. Every day, more than 6,000 employees in more than 60 subsidiaries contribute their ideas, solutions and commitment towards ensuring that customers all over the world can rely on our seals. Our modular TotalSealCare service underlines our strong customer orientation and offers tailor-made services for every application.
This position is located in Broken Arrow, OK.
- Responsible for driving HSE performance accountability
- Oversight and optimization of HSE systems and policies
- Support leadership in identifying priorities, objectives, and targets to align with EBSA’s strategies and developing a strong safety culture company-wide
- Develop in-depth understanding of and ensure conformance to permit conditions/regulations affecting operations
- Assist in identifying HSE training needs, develop and assist in implementing training initiatives and programs. Conduct on-site training when necessary.
- Develop and assist in implementation of programs and practices that diminish hazards and create a safe work environment
- Formulates safety policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies and other consensus standards
- Communicate frequently with management to proactively complete health, safety, health, and environmental action items
- B.S. Degree in HSE, Engineering (chemical or mechanical) or equivalent
- Familiarity and ability to reinterpret standards/regulations
- 10+ years’ experience in managing safety, health, and environmental in a manufacturing environment
- Technical competence in environmental and safety compliance
Experience dealing with regulatory authorities
- Familiar with worker’s compensation programs including working with company insurance carrier to determine ways to reduce lost time and eliminate unjust claims
- Experience in investigation techniques for incidents injuries, determining root causes and initiating preventive actions