Essen Transport Ltd. is a family owned business founded in 1987 by Edwin R. Elias, in Winkler, Manitoba. Over the past 31years, the company has grown and evolved from 3 trucks to an average of 50, including owner-operators. What started as a chemicaltransportation solution to one of the families other companies, Coulee Agro, quickly took off to include numerous other valued customers.
Today, overseen by Nathan Elias, Essen Transport Ltd. provides transportation services to southern Manitoba as well as cross-border long-haul, and time-sensitive temperature controlled services both locally, and cross-border.
Health, Safety & Compliance Officer
Due to growth, this newly created position will report directly to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for developing, promoting and establishing a culture of safety amongst all staff. Located in Winkler, Manitoba, the Health, Safety & Compliance officer will support leadership in the day-to-day operation and administration of the Transportation Compliance program and ensure adherence to all safety regulations and transportation compliance functions across the organization.
Key Responsibility Include:
- Oversee, perform and coordinate all safety training relating to drivers and compliance including load securement and log book inspections.
- Design, implement and facilitate all new hire orientations including policies and procedures, employee handbook and initial training of new employees and drivers.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and record keeping concerning all transportation matters such as National Safety Code, Carrier Profile and compliance with US/Canadian Government regulations governing border crossing and Homeland Security/Customs-TradePartnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and Partners in Protection (PIP).
- Manage customs compliance and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Review, prepare and ensure compliance with licencing contracts and the renewal of freight contracts.
- Assist in performing investigations regarding driver violations of provincial/federal laws, company policies and/or accidents.
- Ensure all driver and vehicle files are accurate, up to date and properly maintained.
- Directly related experience within the transportation industry is a must as well as strong familiarity with all relevant Transporation Legislation.
- Dmonstrated knowledge of Health & Safety Procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong customer service focus.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- A solution-oriented approach, the ability to troubleshoot, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified candidates can send resume in full confidence, including salary expectations attention Robyn to discuss.