HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Health Promotion Manager at our client site located in Albuquerque, NM. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of client wellness programs in accordance with HealthFitness protocols, ensuring the highest possible level of engagement, outcomes and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services to meet client, member and participant objectives. You will also be responsible for working within the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes to facilitate behavior change by client employees. As an onsite Health Promotion Manager you are responsible for providing health coaching according to HealthFitness established processes, procedures and ethics. This includes conducting individual sessions with health coaching participants in person or via telephone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan including program plan, marketing plan and communication plan working in partnership with the onsite fitness center manager to ensure an integrated program approach.
- Ensures contract compliance, including budget and, when applicable, performance guarantees. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments. Maintains on-going communication with client management, and other functional areas including health related vendor-suppliers, as appropriate, to assess client needs and identify HFC programming solutions.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process. This may include doing seminar presentations and working with technology based delivery, e.g. webinars.
- Delivers personalized health coaching services for client employees utilizing the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes.
- Perform face to face, telephonic and web enabled coaching in areas of personal health awareness, stress management/balanced living, nutrition, tobacco cessation and physical activity.
- Utilize HealthFitness established coaching guides and resources and materials to support behavior change process and health habit development.
- Deliver all phases of coaching enrollment phase, assessment phase, partnership phase, ownership phase and maintenance phase.
- Review biometric screening and health risk assessment and utilize Stages of Change to identify participant’s knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
- Discuss and explain all areas of the coaching process including product information, protocols, phases and content of coaching relationship.
- Modify health coaching plan as necessary.
- Provide input and support to develop and improve coaching services and tools.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the Client program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all lines of client business (e.g. Health and Safety, Benefits).
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Assesses effectiveness of current health education interventions and enhance delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of all data collected during the health assessment and health promotion activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements including if applicable, file transfer processes collaborating with other health related suppliers.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results. Creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Three or more years related industry experience.
- 1-3 years of program management experience and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health related field (i.e. Health Promotion, Nursing, Public Health, Health Psychology) from an accredited college or university program.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a health/wellness or life coach. Preference will be given to candidates with in-person coaching experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, diabetes management, weight control and stress reduction.
- Experience with application of health behavior change utilizing stages of change or other theoretical approaches.
- Master's degree.
- Current CPR certification, but will be required within 60 days of hire.
- Health Coaching certification.
- Experience preferably in a health plan, health improvement or related environment.
- CHES, ACSM and fitness certifications preferred.