At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
For more than 50 years, HDR has delivered award-winning integrated healthcare planning and design for some of the world’s foremost medical centers and health systems. Our global healthcare practice uses evidence-based design methodologies to fully integrate clinical, operational and facility planning to support an organization's strategic objectives in design. HDR has been consistently ranked the #1 Healthcare Design firm because our clients rely on us for the advanced planning, programming and design expertise needed to deliver 21st-century healthcare.
The primary responsibility of the Health Principal is to develop new business opportunities and cultivate business relationships with healthcare organizations and related institutions in the local and regional market. This position requires the ability to both get work and lead a health practice. Project assignments are largely within the state of Florida, but may extend beyond due to personal relationships, particular expertise, project needs, etc.
Marketing and Business Development Responsibilities. The position will:
• Be responsible for identifying, qualifying and gathering business leads for the Health Practice, and will collaborate with other principals and technical staff within HDR to develop effective marketing strategies to effectively bring these opportunities to closure.
• Increase the awareness and understanding within the healthcare community of HDR’s healthcare practice on a local, regional, and national basis.
• Work and collaborate with the other healthcare leaders and marketing staff throughout the firm and particularly within the Southeast Region.
• Develop, lead and monitor targeted marketing program strategies, goals and actions in cooperation with local, regional and national healthcare marketing leaders.
• Lead the development of annual and long-term strategic office or market segment planning.
• Monitor marketing performance indicators, marketing report accuracy, budgets and costs, risk management and implement needed actions and process improvements within assigned market segments.
• Assess and develop new markets, trends, business opportunities and maintain and grow existing client relationships.
• Actively engage in pre-marketing activities including the development of leads, sole source opportunities, pre-proposal visitations, marketing strategies,
• Lead/oversee the analysis of RFQs and RFP’s and the development of written proposal responses, including the strategy and message; oversee the preparation and timely completion of proposals with all contributing parties both inside and outside HDR.
• Lead the development of interview presentation strategies, the message, and ensure the interview team is prepared.
• Initiate and begin contractual discussions and negotiations with clients for new work.
• Participate in relevant business organizations and activities to promote HDR services.
Health Practice Leadership. The position will also:
• Lead an established multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
• Lead the Healthcare Team by assessing strengths and weaknesses of personnel over time, growing, developing and maintaining expertise, augmenting team with additional expertise, balancing all aspects of an expertise and design-driven top tier healthcare practice.
• Collaborate with departments to implement key initiatives, key hires, investments and strategies for growth and increased profitability.
• Support development of strong client relationships and serve as a key client relationship manager.
• Ensure that as a practice, healthcare work is meeting the business objectives for the office, including goals for repeat work and profit.
• Participate in relevant community activities and service that furthers the firm vision and values.
Position can be based in Miami, Tampa or Orlando areas
• Professional Degree in Architecture or related field.
• Minimum 15 years experience in A/E/C industry.
• Must have knowledge and experience within the local and regional healthcare market.
• Maintains professional registration.
• Must be capable of leading a healthcare team and making client presentations.
• Proven business development experience in healthcare consulting industry.
• Strong leadership and project management skills are required.
• Excellent people skills, and verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to collaborate and integrate with existing team.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Advanced credentials desired (e.g. ACHA, LEED, EDAC, etc).
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in HDR’s employee-owned culture.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.