Health Plan Sales RepresentativeHealth Solutions
The Health Plan Sales Representative will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to attain sales objectives in assigned areas. This position will be responsible for the identification, business development and sale of mid-size group plans (1+ lives) the individual will be accountable in retaining current clients and growing new business in this market.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Business or Marketing; in lieu of degree four (4 )years of related sales and marketing experience in a managed care/healthcare/health insurance environment.
- Experience: Three (3) years + of sales & marketing experience in a managed care/healthcare/health insurance environment. TPA or health insurance experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certification: Current, unrestricted Group 1 license required.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all relevant laws, rules regulations and accreditation standards and requirement.
- Knowledge of underwriting, network management, medical management and the health care market.
- Strong knowledge of financing methodologies, strategies, demonstrated ability in analytical thinking and math skills.
- Possess strong strategic selling skills capabilities. Proven sales track record in sales performance.
- Highly motivated, self starter with ability to work independently or as a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Exhibits excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Advanced Competencies with Computer Skills including Microsoft Office Suite ( Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc)
- Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Obtain new sales, will be responsible in managing the sales process; conduct preliminary assessment to determine if RFP should be submitted for quote; screens requests for specific plan design, effective date, options and commissions, develops relevant and comprehensive proposals.
- Achieves sales growth targets as defined annually.
- Monitor all aspects of sales activities to ensure high quality customer service to clients and potential clients. Ability to interpret rate calculations and be able to explain it to the client. Ability to understand the client and their underlying needs. Assist clients with benefit design. Develop and maintains strong relationship with client. Interface with all internal and external customers in a respectful and responsible manner to enhance relationships and minimize conflicts as validated by complaints/feedback and management observation.
- Perform market research to aid in price structure and development.
- Consistently reviews products and services to promote products/services as high quality, cost effective option for employee health benefits. Knowledgeable on latest industry trends.
- Collaborates effectively with all members of the sales team; provide support in achieving new sales and renewal goals; shares market insight; establish teamwork and build morale.
- Accountable for ensuring timely and accurate submission of production/sales/market/prospect/Ad hoc reports to management.
- Ensures contracts, documentation and/or forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations, underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Consistently conducts business on behalf of Memorial Hermann Health System in a manner that supports positive company image, is in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations.
- Travel will be required.
- Communicate, collaborate and cooperate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to all Compliance/Program Integrity requirements.
- Comply with HIPAA Regulations
- Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.